Saturday, February 13, 2010

Death and Taxes

Back in November, I wrote my Goodbye Drama Mama post. That's when I decided enough was finally enough with certain family members and Mother. I did all my mourning then as well, and, wept profusely.

Last night Mother passed and I've barely felt the pain. My family of origin was highly dysfunctional, i.e. totally nuts. I spent part of the day reading Drama Mama's emails that I've saved since 2003. She was really something and so are the others (still living) involved in this most recent go round.

It's relief I feel, with only a tiny bit of shame for being glad she's gone. I certainly hope that Mother manages to work through a few issues before we meet again. And, today, once again I felt the kindness of my husband and my kids. It's so nice that we don't have to be defined by our messy families of origin.

This afternoon, I've passed the time by quietly working on the longest tax return I've ever had to prepare in our married life. There is that old saying, "Nothing is certain but death and taxes."

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you have felt the kindness of your husband and children on a day after your mother passed away.

    Peace and love to you and yours. slp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, QS. I was thinking about you, wondering how you are doing today with the death of your mother? Is there anything you need, any thing I can do for you at this time? Will you be going to the funeral? Do you have to travel far?

    I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

    Love and respect, always. slp

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'evening, QS. Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you. Have you had your mother's funeral? How are things for you? You are in my thoughts and prayers. wishing you and yours peace, love, and consolation at this time.

    With respect and love, always. slp

    ReplyDelete